1. Born in Portland to parents Aston Lee and Hyacinth Chin.
2. Had his first job in 1965 landscaping at the Frenchman’s Cove Hotel while still in school.
3. Attended Titchfield High from 1962 to 1969.
4. Studied civil engineering at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
5. Returned to Jamaica where he worked briefly as an road engineer.
6. Went back to Canada where he started a career in financial services.
7. In 1987 he acquired Advantage Investment Counsel (AIC).
8. In 2002 he acquired Jamaica’s largest bank National Commercial Bank.
9. His company Columbus Communications created Flow Communications in 2005 which he sold to Cable and Wireless in 2015.
10. In 2010 he became Chancellor of Wilfred Laurier University.
11. In 2016 he was made chair of the newly formed Economic Growth Council (EGC).
12. Made a thirty million dollar (Canadian) gift to Royal Ontario Museum.
13. Owns shares in CVM television and Trident Hotel located in Portland.
14. Along with Black Entertainment Television’s founder Robert Johnson, he was featured as the first two billionaires of African descent to make Forbes magazine’s annual list of billionaires in 2001.
15. Has been profiled in magazines such as Forbes, Canada Business, Black Enterprise and Time magazines.
16. As of 2016, he has an estimated net worth of $2.1 billion US.