I first met Jennifer Samuda in the early 1980s. I was then working with my grandparents’ real estate company and she was their main contact person at the Royal Bank Crossroads branch where I would do business on their behalf. I was always happy for her business success. She died of cancer on February 22 in Florida and her memorial service was held here in Jamaica on March 18.
- Jennifer started doing skin care treatments on her verandah for acne sufferers in 1983 while still working full time.
- On September 30, 1989 Jencare Skin farm was opened in the Red Hills Mall with five employees.
- The present Jencare Skin Farm Day Spa location on 82 Hope Road was designed by prominent architect Marvin Goodman.
- In 2013 Jencare on wheels was introduced to the market.
- Jencare has won many national awards such as Women in Business NCB Nation Builder Award in 2010 as well as many international awards.
- Over the years the company has expanded setting up branches in Miami, New York, Trinidad and Tobago.
- All skincare products used in the day spa are made by the company
- In 2000 Jennifer was a Nominee for the Observer Newspaper’s Business Leader of the year.
- Jencare’s services include manicures, pedicures, facials, aromatherapy. They also produce body butters, colognes, perfumes.